Tiger Brands is a leading FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) company in South Africa, with a long-standing history of providing high-quality products to its customers. The company believes in empowering and developing young talent, which is why it offers graduate bursaries to qualifying students. In this essay, we will look at the application process, qualifying criteria, required degrees, and what the bursary covers.
To apply for the Tiger Brands Bursaries, applicants need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, they need to attach the following documents:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/Guardians’ proof of income / Affidavit (certified copies) (Interviews will be done for due diligence purposes)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts for 1st semester in 1st year of study
- Matric certificate
It is essential to note that the application period opens in September and closes in October. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Applicants must be in their first year of study and applying for funding from year 2
- Applicants must be able to prove financial need and academic potential
- Applicants must display good academic potential in the fields of pure Maths, Accounting, and Science
- Applicants must have been enrolled at an institution that meets Tiger Brands’ criteria for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application.
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must meet the following school criteria:
- Should have a minimum of 65% academic average in both matric and semester 1
- Applicants must be South African citizens
It is essential to note that there are limited bursaries available, and meeting the minimum selection criteria does not imply that your application will be successful.
Tiger Brands offers bursaries for the following degrees:
1. B Eng or BSc Engineering
2. BCom Marketing
It is essential to note that Tiger Brands only provides bursaries for degrees that are relevant to the company’s operations.
What do the bursaries cover?
The Tiger Brands Bursaries are comprehensive and cover the following:
- 100% of the prescribed university tuition fees, registration fees, and exam fees
- An amount of quoted prescribed books
- A monthly allowance
It is essential to note that full details of the payment process and the requirements that must be met are communicated to successful applicants once a bursary contract is issued.
Tiger Brands Bursaries are excellent opportunities for qualifying students to obtain financial support for their studies. The application process is straightforward, and the qualifying criteria are clear. Students who meet the minimum selection criteria should apply before the deadline. The bursaries cover tuition fees, registration fees, exam fees, prescribed books, and a monthly allowance, making it a comprehensive bursary. By offering these bursaries, Tiger Brands is investing in the development of young talent in South Africa and contributing to the growth and prosperity of the country.